Wednesday, July 3, 2019

it pays to sleep in a dorm !

This is a very quick blog - to register the gift of the universe in serendipity and wonder.   And to say thank-you to many people.

As many of you know (and now all of you) I have been chewing through preparing my portfolio for BCG certification for awhile.  The timetable changed, more than once, but was never abandoned. 

[NB. I am currently on the clock, with my due date 6 May 2020, so I am saying May 1 to myself.  This is an absolutely positively FIRM date.  If I were to renew for another year (which is possible), I would instantly be subject to a new set of requirements, which in turn would require reworking, if not re-doing a number of things.  Not going there, period paragraph.]

Was at June 2019 GRIPitt for a week of learning/honing my skill in writing proofs, a basic building block of genealogists.  A wonderful course, learned much, and still integrating the learning.
           Hence, the sleeping in the dorm.  Note: dorms have come up in the world; this one was ensuite! 

Also... meeting many wonderful people - including Sandy - who told me about an on-line course run by Jill Morelli that goes through portfolio prep with the real deal - not hypotheticals or verbal comparisons of the rubrics.  Fantastic! and my name is on the wait list for the course.  I couldn't be more delighted. (Obviously, my fingers are way big crossed.)

Thank you universe - and all the names you are known by.